Hermosa Beach Restaurants Offer Special Valentine's Day Menu
Feb 08, 2016 10:50AM
By Liz Spear
Abigaile in downtown Hermosa Beach is just a stroll from the beach and offers beer brewed on the premises and innovative cuisine.
On Valentine's Day, create special memories strolling the beach and shops in downtown Hermosa Beach, then catch dinner at Abigaile or Dia de Campo, two of the city's premier dining establishments, both under the oversight of Chef Tin Vuong, whose Little Sister restaurants in Manhattan Beach and now downtown Los Angeles have gained great acclaim.
On Sunday, Feb. 14 (Valentine's Day), each restaurant will feature special celebratory prix-fix dinner menus, ranging from $48 to $65.With Chef David Barnes in charge at Abigaile, guests may choose from the following special dishes:
Appetizer (choice of the following)
- Scallop Crudo | citrus salad, caper crema, Kalamata olive emulsion
- Roasted Beet & Blood Orange Salad | roasted hazelnuts, frisée & arugula, mustard vinaigrette
Entrée (choice of the following)
- Coffee Rubbed Filet of Beef ($65) | maple yam purée, and parmesan & pistachio broccolini
- Jidori Chicken Ballotine ($48) | watercress, Asian mushroom & lardon stuffing, whole grain mustard, miso pan jus
- Ras el Hanout Lamb Chops ($55) | honey zaatar, roasted baby carrots, mashed turnips
- Pan-Seared European Sea Bass ($50) | roasted tomato & olives, lemon couscous, arugula pesto
- Mixed Berry Pavlova with rose syrup
At Dia de Campo, the Baja surf lodge-inspired eatery, Chef Ken Johnson will serve a four-course menu of reimagined Mexican specialties, such as:
- Chocolate Duck Quesadillas | Oaxacan cheese, salsa negra, tamarind
- Scallops | parsnip purée, red cress, grilled pluots, bacon crumbs
- Pork Chili Verde | epazote olives, cotija, tortillas
- Plancha Pork Belly | smoked yogurt, roasted beets, nopal, crispy okra, chicharron
- Short Rib Empanada | corn salsa, sofrito, egg, queso
- Churros with raspberries, lime sugar, and spiced chocolate sauce.
All guests will receive a complimentary champagne toast. Guests can also opt to add a supplemental seafood platter course for an additional $15* per person.
Festive libations ($12) include—
- Blood Orange is the New Black | Blackhouse Single Barrel Patron Añejo, blood orange, bitters
- Bows & Eros | red wine, açaí, pineapple, Falernum
Abigaile is at 1301 Manhattan Ave., Hermosa Beach; (310) 798-8227. Online reservations can be made here.
Dia de Campo is at 1238 Hermosa Ave., Hermosa Beach; (310) 379-1829. Online reservations can be made here.